Friday, May 18, 2012

Why So Many Cancellations?

Ringer
The list of canceled television shows for the season read like the list of its initial fall lineup! It happens every year of course, but networks do need to roll so many programs out so they can find THE ONE.

"Ringer", starring Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sarah Michelle Geller, didn't make the cut. I watched the first few episodes and I am one of the viewers where (my) interest did not uphold.

Same with "Pan Am." I loved the premise and the throwback to that era (not to mention the Pan Am traveling bag!), but it could not keep me. I can't figure out why.
Pan Am
Now I know I love me some Josh Lucas, but how long did "The Firm" last? Before I had the chance to figure out when it aired & settle down, I think it was yanked.

The Firm
The only show that captured my interest and has remained a staple in my viewing schedule is "Once Upon A Time." It may be hard to follow with "two different worlds", but you just end up getting it. The actors fit the characters they play and the storylines don't lag. I dig Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison's "mother/daughter" dynamic. I was thrilled that it was renewed for next season.

And I have no idea why my "Desperate Housewives" interest picked up this final season. Maybe because it was that; their last year. I enjoyed it though and it was time for the series to come to a close. I noticed Marc Cherry's cameo as one of Susan's movers all on my own!

I'm just a viewer. My opinions (or lack of) are purely my own, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A loyal fan is born. well that is what i feel after reading your post.