Friday, August 29, 2008

Political Stance

On his 72nd birthday, John McCain made headlines earlier today by choosing Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate. In the last few hours, this virtual unknown political figure has had all these news blurbs about her streamed through the internet and on newscasts. Like, did you know that Palin came in 2nd place @ the '84 Miss Alaska pageant? And Perez already posted what looks like some old photo of her posing like it's some school picture.

Obama already commented on the fact that McCain chose a VP candidate that has no knowledge on foreign policies. I am down to watch Biden debate Palin in the coming weeks.

Something that people don't know about me is I follow all things political. I am aware about Drudge and watch MSNBC and know about all those cable news anchors. Often times I discuss news stories with my boss, Les. I try to school him on all things pop culture but his patience for it starts to wear thin.

It is the 21st century; Like some people have already stated, we'll either have our first African American President or our first woman Vice-President. Either way, it'll definitely be a whole new beginning.

No comments: